Monday, April 7, 2014

Oregon





Ahhhh.... Oregon. Land of Portland, major college teams named the Ducks and Beavers (the two least fearsome animals to represent big-time college teams in the nation and I don't even know what's close to them.)

As I've learned throughout this project, I don't know a lot about the state or Oregon. From the postcards, I've learned there's a mountain in front of a lake as well as a field near what I presume to be the Columbia River. Nike's headquarters is in Oregon and, ummmm, the Portland Timbers soccer team is apparently a quite popular Major League Soccer team.

Wikipedia tells me humans have been living in what we now know as Oregon for more than 15,000 years, which seems like some sort of record until you realize they're not referring to the same humans but rather generations upon generations. So that's Oregon.

41 states down, 9 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.






No comments:

Post a Comment