Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Rhode Island

Sent by: Dave
Ahhhh, Rhode Island. Smallest state in the union. Home of ummmm..... Providence, yeah, Providence is there and ....hmmmmmm the fictional town of Quahog where Family Guy is set is in Rhode Island. Pretty much all anyone outside of Rhode Island ever learns about it is it's really small. Those who want to take it a step further know that it's (technically) the longest state name as it's officially known as "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" which voters decided to keep in 2010 rather than change to what everyone already calls it.

Finally, you're thinking, something resembling useful information coming from one of these blogs. 

My son has never been to Rhode Island. I've only been when I was very young (under three years old) so I can't say I have any first-hand knowledge of the state. I'm not sure I actually know anyone from the state though I apparently know someone who knows someone from there, which is nice.

Thirteen states down, 37 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment