Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Washington

Photo sent by: Jenny
Ahhhhh, Washington. Home of apples, the place I thought all teams that played in Washington DC played until I was like 11 or 12. (Would it kill anyone to call them the Washington, DC Wizards instead of the Washington Wizards? There are eight year olds across the country who are trying to use sports to learn geography and the failure of DC sports to add that important part of their city's name to their sports teams leads to mass confusion. Then again, maybe it's just me.)

Other than the stereotype that it rains all the time in Seattle, I don't know much about the state of Washington. I have watched more than my fair share of Seattle Mariners games, especially for a guy living on the East Coast who isn't a Mariners fan. Their ballpark looks fantastic and I'd love to get out there one day.

As for my son, his knowledge of the state consists of the Mariners and the NFL's Seahawks as well as the fact that Seattle is one of the cities we end up going to in the board game Ticket To Ride.

25 states down, 25 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

I apologize for the lack of updates recently. There are three reasons for this. First, my wife and son both had to go to the hospital recently. Nothing major, but it took my focus away from this fun project. Second, the holidays rolled in and I got busy catching up on stuff that I needed to get done before Santa arrived. And the final reason is we didn't get that many "new" postcards. We've received several from states I've already profiled (and I believe I've added most, if not all, of those postcards at the end of each state), but not many from the states we're still looking for. 

Thanks again to everyone for all your help. Any time I bring the mail in, he asks "Did we get a postcard today?" He's very appreciative of all of them. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment