Friday, December 6, 2013

Wyoming

Sent by: Kelly
Ahhhhh, Wyoming. As my dad has described it, "One of those square states nobody uses." It's got Cheyenne, apparently a Mule Deer or two and I'm really not sure what else. It's estimated 2012 population is 576,412, putting it between Las Vegas and Albuquerque in terms of total people.

My kid is knows a lot of his state capitals, but Cheyenne is always one he struggles to remember. I guess that means I should ask him about it more often, but the truth is, I often forget about Wyoming and forget to ask about it.

If I were to guess, I'd assume there is a lot of wildlife in Wyoming, but I'm basing this almost entirely on one postcard. As you can probably tell, I know almost nothing about this state. Wikipedia tells me it's 90 percent white, tourism and mineral extraction are its two biggest economic drivers and it receives more federal tax dollars in aid, per capita, than any state not named Alaska. I could have told you none of those things five minutes ago.

Nineteen states down, 31 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment