Friday, November 15, 2013

Utah

Sent by Erin Martin

Utah, the something state. I really don't know much about Utah. The Rockies are there, though they're apparently not as famous as the Colorado Rockies. They hosted the 2002 Winter Olympic Games which are best remembered for having been an Olympic games that happened.

This post card comes courtesy of my sister-in-law who was there for a conference. In fact, this is the Genesis of this whole project. Without this postcard, this whole project would likely have started a few months later.

I'm really not sure where I'm going with this blog. Like am I supposed to write about Utah or about what my kid knows about Utah? Are you wanting the date it got here? Seriously, I'm at a loss. Do I need to just copy Utah's wikipedia page and post it here for you?

If you're cool with photos of postcards by state and a few rambling paragraphs that don't say much, I'm cool with that also. If you want a 10,000 word history on the state from prehistoric times until present day, you're probably in the wrong place.

We'll figure it out as we go. Anyway, one state postcard down, 49 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please contact me on twitter @lukermartin or leave a comment below.

Sent by Joy, Lee, Alex and Jack Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment