Monday, December 2, 2013

Montana

Sent by: The Kelly Family
Ahhhh, Montana. Big Sky Country. Land where it's cold, really cold, really really cold. Also home of former Georgia Southern rival Montana Grizzlies who staged a fantastic national championship game in 2000. Montana has been to five national title games in its history, winning two. From accounts I've heard, Montana is an absolutely beautiful place when it's not attempting to make you go crazy by keeping you inside with it's blizzard-like conditions.

I really don't know a lot about Montana. (Which seems to be a recurring phrase in this project.) I mean, I know where it is and the capital and the mascot of it's flagship university, but as far as anything about its history or what makes the state unique, I got nothing. I remember at one point they had a "reasonable and prudent" speed limit, but that got tossed as being too vague to be enforceable.

Sadly, that's really all I can tell you about Montana. Maybe one day I'll make it out there, but for now, it will remain a land of mystery.

Twelve states down, 38 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

Sent by: Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment