Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Colorado


Sent by Joy, Lee, Alex and Jack Washburn

Ahhhh, Colorado. Home of the Rockies, the Rockies, the Broncos, legalized marijuana getting high in the Rockies (I may have misinterpreted "Rocky Mountain High"). From every account ever given in the history of mankind, it's a beautiful state full of majestic mountains and a wonderful place to live.

When I was much younger, I was a Denver Broncos fan primarily because they seemed to always be on in the 4 p.m. time slot on Sunday afternoons and I was young and impressionable and since they were always on, I figured I should become a fan. It didn't last as long as my Cubs fandom, but all things being equal (and there being no implications for my fantasy teams) I'll still cheer for the Broncos. Of all the big square states, Colorado is probably my favorite.

I had some friends who moved from Colorado to Georgia. They wore all back to commemorate their first day in their new high school. I don't think they were enthusiastic about the move.

Eight states down, 42 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

1 comment:

  1. Luke, if you'll send me an address, I can cover Montana for you. My daughter lives there and I'm sure she'd be glad to help.

    ReplyDelete