Wednesday, December 4, 2013

California

Sent by: Azy
Ahhh, California. Land of Hollywood, numerous sports teams, a really large economy, several cities I want to visit as well as home to my brother-in-law and his family (who did not send this postcard).

I've only been to California once for my brother-in-law's wedding. I didn't even get to see the wedding as I was stuck outside the sanctuary watching my nephew who was no more than one at the time while everyone else was actually watching the ceremony. Fortunately, I didn't mind much as most weddings are all the same, so I watched the little guy work and work and he was finally able to crawl over the whatever it was he was working on.

Unfortunately, we only had one day to be a tourist while there, so we did the Hollywood thing, saw the walk of fame (or whatever it's called) and saw the Pacific Ocean. This is another place I would like to get back to at some point.

When we got this one, my son saw the Hollywood sign and said "Hollywood! That's where Kermit was going." (For those who don't know, in The Muppet Movie, Kermit's goal is to get to Hollywood where he can become a star. We may have watched it a time or two.)

Fifteen states down, 35 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment