Friday, December 6, 2013

Florida

Sent by: Harper Adams (with help from mom and dad)
Ahhh, Florida. Land of crazy people and Disney World. One of the websites I frequently visit is Fark.com which is essentially a place for weird news stories and a place to discuss them. They have different "tags" for each story to give you an idea of what it's overall tone is (spiffy, amusing, and fail are three examples.) Well, Fark has a "Florida" tag because so much weird stuff happens there that it earned it's own tag.

All that said, my wife and I actually celebrated our 10th anniversary in Florida. There I had one of the biggest, unhealthiest meals of my life. It was a half-pound burger with bacon, cheese and chili on a huge bun with hot dogs sliced lengthwise and placed on the bottom and top of it. For some reason, it came with fries. I'm not sure I could have finished it when I was playing soccer 2.5 hours a day in high school, so there's no way I had a chance of finishing it as an out-of-shape 34-year old.

So that's Florida. Crazy people and huge burgers. One quick note, the person who sent this was a friend of my son's when we lived in North Carolina. When he saw who it was from, he responded, almost incredulously, "I did not know a kid could send a postcard."

Twenty states down, 30 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

(I'll likely wait until Monday to post any additional updates, so enjoy your weekend and thank you again for your support and enthusiasm in this project.)

No comments:

Post a Comment