Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tennessee


Ahhhhh, Tennessee. Land of the fiercest debate ever on the Fantasy Focus Baseball Podcast in which the two hosts argued over which is the most famous city in Tennessee. One said Memphis, home of the Blues and Elvis Presley. The other said Nashville, home of the Grand Old Opry and country music. When I asked my mom what city was the most famous, she said "I don't know, Chattanooga?" thus disqualifying her from future debates on the truly important matters in the world.


No discussion of Tennessee would be complete without acknowledging that Arrested Development (the music group, not the television show) wrote what I can only assume is the state song, "Tennessee."

For what it's worth, my kid's favorite city in Tennessee is Nashville while mine remains Memphis.

35 states down, 15 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment