Thursday, November 21, 2013

South Carolina


Sent by Frank and Judy Yeager

Ahhh .... South Carolina, land of South of the Border, Myrtle Beach, a welcome center 100 miles in to the state and where the governors hike the Appalachian Trail. It's a lovely place when its not voting to secede from the union.

It's also the state my wife grew up in and where most of her immediate family still lives, so we make our way there fairly often. I do enjoy the James Island Festival of Lights every year as well as many of Charleston's restaurants that are usually fantastic.

However, when we lived in North Carolina and made our way back to Georgia to visit my family, I hated this state as it was essentially in the way from us making it to my parents' house. Interstate 95 through South Carolina is essentially pine trees and South of the Border billboards.Not a trip I enjoyed making.

Four states down, 46 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment