Monday, January 27, 2014

Indiana




Ahhhh, Indiana, home of, well, I really don't know. My sister-in-law worked for a Senator from Indiana for a short time before he decided not to seek another term. Notre Dame is there, as is the Indianapolis 500. Whenever I watch Cubs games, they always mention the "Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers" so there are apparently Chevrolet dealers in the state (or at least the Northwestern portion of the state.)

As for me, I've never been to the state (as if that wasn't obvious from my complete lack of any specific knowledge of the state). Oh, wait. Pawnee, the (fictional?) town that Parks and Rec is set in is supposed to be in Indiana. See, I do know something about the state.

My son knows the capital is Indianapolis and the Colts play there. He also knows the quarterback for the Colts is named Andrew Luck. (Don't worry, he doesn't know all the quarterbacks in the NFL.) Those three facts constitute the grand sum of knowledge my son has about the state. I guess we should probably learn something more about it at some point.

32 states down, 18 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment