Monday, November 25, 2013

Missouri

Sent by Tim Armstrong
Ahhhh Missouri. Home of the St. Louis Arch, Branson, a historic compromise, and the most confusing city name for my kid, Kansas City. It blew his mind when I told him that Kansas City was actually in Missouri (and yes, we know there's a Kansas City, Kansas, but the Royals don't play there, so we don't recognize it.) It didn't help that he'd already learned that Oklahoma City was, you know, aptly named since it is in Oklahoma.

I'm assuming the stadiums in the lower left of this postcard are where the Chiefs and Royals play. If not, my son's going to go through life believing they are as that's what I told him and he's still at the age where he believes I know everything.

Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about Missouri. When I took a college history test 15 years after my last history class, I did get the Missouri Compromise question right, but other than being the Show Me State, I don't know much about it.

Six states down, 44 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.



Sent by: Robyn Otty 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment