Tuesday, December 3, 2013

New York

Sent by: Evie and Mary Ellen Kelly
Ahhhh, New York. Home of the Giants (wait, that's New Jersey), the Bills (unless they're playing in Toronto), the Statue of Liberty, Broadway, the Department Store-sponsored Thanksgiving Day Parade, setting of Law & Order and its various spinoffs, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

There are few things I'm prouder of in life than teaching my son that we never, under any circumstances, cheer for the New York Yankees. He likes to come up with scenarios where we might have to consider cheering for them. "What if the Yankees played the Yankees?" (as teams sometimes do during Spring Training when they have scrimmage games.) I told him we hope for a tie so the Yankees don't win.

I've got family who lives near New York, so I should probably take a trip up to do the tourist thing with my kid when he gets a little older. Unfortunately, I kind of want to see New Yankee Stadium, but not sure I'll be able to explain why we're going to a Yankee game to him. I'm sure we could find something else to do in the state.

Fourteen states down, 36 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

Sent by: Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment