Friday, February 7, 2014

Georgia



Ahhhhh, Georgia. My home for 28 of the last 31 years. Land where two inches of snow can bring a sprawling metropolitan area to a halt for 24 hours, where people want the University of Georgia football coach fired every year, and where a skeleton of a Mosasaur is prominently displayed at the Georgia Southern University Museum. While not technically a dinosaur, it lived during the age of dinosaurs and was even featured in an episode of Dinosaur Train (It's a show on PBSKids, and honestly the most obvious kids show ever developed. Kids love trains. Kids love dinosaurs. That it took until a few years ago for the two to be combined into a show is a failing of society.)

I was interested to see when or if we'd get a Georgia postcard seeing as how we live here. I kind of had a feeling that all my friends and family would assume someone else would do it (a fair assumption, honestly, I'd have done it too.) Ultimately my brother went to the Georgia Southern museum and got this one for him. And yes, we've been to the museum where the fossils are displayed. There's even a small space to crawl into the belly of the great beast, which my son has done. He said it was cool.

So that's Georgia.

37 down, 13 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment