Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Alabama

Sent by Jennifer Hamilton
Ahhhh Alabama. Home of the current football dynasty (University of Alabama), a high school football dynasty (Hoover, Al.), the biggest college football game of the season (Alabama/Auburn) and perhaps other various non-football related places that don't seem to get the national attention as football does for the state. It is also the home of the great American Forrest Gump.

Every state has another state that they make fun of to make themselves feel better. New York has New Jersey, North Carolina has South Carolina and Georgia has Alabama. I've got nothing against Alabama. They're not trying to steal Georgia's water and while Alabama's football coach only rarely shows human-like qualities, they haven't done anything to me.

My son particularly enjoyed this post card for the rocket on it. He's all about outer space (is it still called outer space or have we pretty much just gone to calling it "space?") I've toured the NASA facility in Florida before and it was miserably boring. I'm hoping he doesn't want to do the same someday in either Florida or the one depicted above (Davidson Center for Space Exploration).

10 states down, 40 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

I'll be taking the rest of the week off from posting new entries (assuming we get any more this week). I'll return Monday with new post cards. However, if we receive one from a state we've already done, it'll be added to the bottom of that post. Thanks for understanding and enjoy the Holiday weekend with your family/friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Luke - does the person have to know your son??? If not, I might could help! - Ryan Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, meeting my kid is certainly not a requirement to send him a postcard. I sent you our address on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete