Thursday, January 9, 2014

Arkansas



Ahhhh, Arkansas. Home of, well, Walmart and its Visitors Center (because who, after setting foot inside of Walmart, hasn't thought to themselves, "you know, I hope their corporate headquarters has a visitors center for me to learn more about this shopping establishment"), a place called Hope and two head coaching stops ago for Bobby Petrino.

I've been to Arkansas once. Well, I guess it depends on how you view being there. I was in Memphis for a week and we drove over the bridge into Arkansas, found the first place to turn around promptly returned to the safe confines of Tennessee. I've never set foot on Arkansas soil, so if that's your requirement for having visited a state, please take Arkansas off the list of states I've visited. You do have a list and/or map of states I've been to, right?

As for my kid, he knows Little Rock is the capital of Arkansas. He knows a few of the states that border it without looking at a map, and he said the capital is his favorite thing about the state. I'm not sure how much more he knows about it at this point. I guess we need to brush up on our Arkansas history.

26 states down, 24 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment