Friday, November 22, 2013

Virginia

Sent by Erin Lavender-Stott
Ahhhh Virginia. Land of the place for lovers, the Behavioral Analysis Unit from Criminal Minds as well as home to the guys behind Smart People Podcast (one of my favorites). My aunt and her family live there and as I mentioned in the South Carolina post, we were there recently for a wedding of a good friend.

When my son had just turned two, he and I made the trip to Williamsburg for the William & Mary/Georgia Southern playoff game. What I remember most about that game (aside from Georgia Southern winning) is having to carry my son about 3/4 of a mile back to the car after he'd fallen asleep in the fourth quarter. I got turned around trying to leave Williamsburg and to top it off, it started snowing on the way back to North Carolina.

I decided to ask my son his favorite thing about Virginia. Keeping in mind that he's five, he responded "the hotel" that we stayed at for the aforementioned wedding. To him, being on the 8th floor and being above the trees was about the coolest thing ever.

Five states down, 45 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

Sent by Joanie Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment