Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Illinois


Ahhhh Illinois. Land of Lincoln, the Cubs, Ferris Bueller apparently a rolling field if the above postcard is to be believed as well as an old-timey wagon if you believe the postcard below.

Both my wife and I have been to Illinois, but not together. I went in high school as part of my birthday present. I had relatives who lived about 45 minutes outside of Chicago and they let me stay with them and took me to a Cubs game. My wife went after we were married for a conference (I believe) and stayed an extra day with a friend to also go to a Cubs game. One of these years we'll get to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field together.

As any good parent would do, I've brainwashed encouraged my son to be a Cubs fan just like me. He knows the biggest rule we have in the house is we always cheer for the Cubs no matter who they're playing. He told me near the end of last season "the Cubs sure do lose a lot." I just smiled and agreed.

So that's Illinois.

39 states down, 11 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.






No comments:

Post a Comment