Friday, January 10, 2014

Maine


Ahhhhh, Maine. Home of Lobsters, moose, lighthouses, a mallard and the easternmost part of the United States. Most of what I just typed I gathered from the above postcard. I know the University of Maine's mascot is named Bananas the Bear because why wouldn't you name your mascot after a fruit that has to be transported thousands of miles to be found in your state?

I only know one couple from Maine. They moved to North Carolina a little while after we did and have a kid a few years younger than mine. They're also both much smarter than I could ever hope to be, but they were kind enough to put up with me while we were there.

When he learned that the capital of Maine is Augusta and there is a city in Georgia named Augusta, his mind was blown. He's since gotten over that fact.

27 states down, 23 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment