Thursday, December 12, 2013

Nevada

Sent by: Anonymous
Ahhhh, Nevada. Home of Las Vegas, gambling, nuclear testing and one of only two states to significantly expand its boarders following admission to the union. (Missouri being the other one.) The state was admitted to the union in 1864 which, as you may know, happened to be in the midst of the Civil War.

My brother heads out to Las Vegas every year for a guys weekend, but it's usually in January which does me no good as I want him to place over/under bets on baseball teams for me, but alas, those bets aren't available when he's there.

For now, my son doesn't know much about Las Vegas. In fact, if you ask him about cities in Nevada, the first one that comes to his mind is Carson City. I guess that's good. I don't need him learning about gambling until I've figured out how to teach him to count cards.

Twenty-four states down, 26 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment