Thursday, December 12, 2013

Washington, DC

Sent by: Dan and Rachana Desai-Martin
Ahhhh, Washington D.C. Land of political dysfunction, lots of American flags and lots of monuments to the country it serves as capital of. It's not a state, but it's also not in a state.

My brother and sister-in-law lived there for several years before moving to Maryland. They both work in the district (I don't know if people call it the district, but I would if I lived around there) and every now and again actually get to interact with high-ranking people in government. My son and I would both be more impressed if they got to meet Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper or Stephen Strasburg.

Despite the fact I have family who live near there, I haven't been up as often as I should. Sadly for us, the Cubs play in Washington DC the weekend of July 4, so we'll likely skip out of trying to head there for a holiday weekend, but we might try to get up there some other time. The monuments and all seem nice, but I want to go the Nationals ballpark and see a game.

Twenty-three states and one nation's capital down, 27 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment