Monday, November 25, 2013

Kansas

Sent by Tim Armstrong
Ahhhh Kansas. Where wayward sons carry on, wind blows the dust that we all are and home to Toto (the dog, not the band). The Godfather of advanced baseball statistics, Bill James, started his analytical revolution in Kansas.

One of the puzzles my kid has is of the United States. The pieces are shaped like states meaning you pretty much have to work from the outside in when putting it together. What that often means is that Kansas is among the last states to be placed.

That's really all I've got. I know there are a lot of tornados in Kansas, though I'd venture to say it'd be tough for a Sharknado to form in the middle of the Great Plains. My wife's boss cheers for the Jayhawks basketball team (he doesn't say much during football season.).

Seven states down, 43 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment