Thursday, December 5, 2013

North Carolina

Sent by: Alex
 Ahhhhh, North Carolina. Land of rolling mountains, the research triangle, the Outer Banks and fantastic beaches. It was also my home for about two and a half years in Wilmington in the southeastern corner of the state. There I met some of the best people on the planet.

We moved to North Carolina when my son was about eight months old and moved back shortly after he turned three, so he doesn't remember too much about it. We were about 20 minutes from the beach there, so shortly after we moved back to Georgia, he'd ask to go to the beach and we'd have to tell him it's a lot farther now. Don't worry, we got season passes to the nearby water park to make up for it and he seemed ok with that.

I've only half-joked with my wife that we'll retire in Wilmington, but that's still a long ways off so any definitive plans about where to retire seems about as useful as my completed permit waiting to turn in to the city for a celebratory Cubs World Series victory parade.

Seventeen states down, 33 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.  

Sent by: Richard Kilburn

Sent by: Richard Kilburn

No comments:

Post a Comment