Saturday, November 16, 2013

Louisiana

Sent by Erin Martin

Ahhh, Beautiful Louisiana. Home of the Saints, Mardi Gras, a large number of forgettable 1-A football teams not named LSU and where my boss grew up.

One of the games my son likes to play on my iTouch is Ticket to Ride. I'll spare you the details of how to play, but it involves several cities across the United States and Canada. One of the cities in the game is New Orleans, so when my son got this card from my sister-in-law, he immediately found New Orleans and then would look to see how far the other cities were from it. He'd even trace the routes on it and describe how far each was from New Orleans.

He was also excited by the Fleur-de-lis, but didn't know what it was so he just said "hey, the Saints." I explained that it was the symbol on the Saints helmets, but it was actually called a "fleur-de-lis." He repeated it and then moved on. Thankfully he didn't ask what it was or what it represented, because if he did, we'd have had to go to the google as I have no idea.

Two states down, 48 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment