Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Jersey

Sent by Evie Kelly
New Jersey. Land of Chris Christie, Bon Jovi, and the land of my birth. I remember nothing about it as I moved when I was four, but apparently I went sledding a few times with my brother in the snow. That or my parents have gone through elaborate lengths to develop a story to hide the true place I was born.

As it turns out, my wife was also born in New Jersey, but she remembers less than I do as she moved when she was two. Again, I'm assuming her parents aren't lying about this (because really, who would lie about being born in New Jersey.)

My son's actually been to New Jersey once for my grandmother's 75th birthday celebration. He was 4 months old at the time and the only great-grandchild (thus making me, for a brief while, the favorite grandchild.) I'm sure he has fond memories of sleeping and being held by people he'd never seen (including his Greataunt Evie, who sent this postcard.)

Three states down, 47 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment