Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Oklahoma


Ahhhh, Oklahoma. State best known for a song named after the state. Home of cowboys, Native Americans, horses biotechnology. As I'm sure you're aware, the name Oklahoma comes from the Choctaw words okla and humma, meaning "red people," a fact I just learned from the always reliable wikipedia.

One of the reasons my son loves Oklahoma is because it's capital is easy to remember. Ok, that may be the only reason he loves Oklahoma. I think he cheered for Oklahoma State a few times during college football season, but that may or may not have anything to do with the Sports Illustrated series of articles saying football players get drugs, money, sex and easy classes. Some saw the report as a scandal. Others saw it as a recruiting pitch.

So that's Oklahoma.

42 states down, 8 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment