Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pennsylvania


Sent by: Evie and Mary Ellen Kelly

Ahhhh, Pennsylvania. Land once described as Pittsburgh on one side, Philadelphia on the other and Alabama in the middle. Land of the Steelers, Penn State, Benjamin Franklin, the Liberty Bell and I'm assuming much much more.

My parents told me we vacationed in Pennsylvania when I was extremely young. I have no recollection of it and don't think they made it up, but they could have just as easily tell me I'd vacationed in Vermont and I'd have to believe them. The only other time I've been there is when we flew in to Philadelphia for a trip to Atlantic City, NJ. Aside from seeing the airport and the car rental place, I didn't really get to experience the state.

My kid wasn't immediately sure where Philadelphia was when we got this one. However, when I said it was the state where the capital was Harrisburg, he immediately knew it. I tell you that story for two reasons. First, to show off a little, and more importantly, to fill up a last little bit to conclude this entry.

Eighteen states down, 32 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment