Monday, February 17, 2014

South Dakota


Ahhhhh, South Dakota. Home of Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, South Dakota State University and is, without question, the better of the two Dakotas. (Ok, I made that last part up, there is some question as to the better of the two Dakotas, but as far as I know, South Dakota hasn't proposed changing its name like its neighbor to the north, more on that - if I remember - whenever I get a North Dakota postcard.)

Despite never having been to South Dakota, I do have a story about it. When I lived in North Carolina, the former Miss South Dakota moved with her boyfriend into our apartment complex. She watched our son once or twice when I had places to go and couldn't take him with me. We used to be friends on facebook, but I just recently noticed she defriended me.

I thought this would be one of the last 10 I would get, but as luck would have it, it's number 38.So that's South Dakota.

38 states down, 12 more to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment