Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wisconsin




Ahhhh Wisconsin. Land of cheeseheads, Badgers (more on them later) and.... well, I'm not sure what else. I've heard nothing but good things about its capital, Madison, as being a really cool college city. Its baseball stadium is relatively new, but I've never had a desire to go see it.

As for the aforementioned Badgers (the mascot for University of Wisconsin athletics for those unaware), my brother and I have, for years paraphrased Blazing Saddles whenever Wisconsin was playing any sport by saying "Badgers, we don't need no stinking badgers." Seriously, that's about all I've got about Wisconsin.

My son did have a girl named Madison join his class in December and he was excited that someone named after a state capital was going to be in his class. He's also a Green Bay Packers fan because his grandmother is a big Packers fan.

34 states down, 16 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment