Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ohio


Ahhhhh, Ohio. Home of a baseball team that changed its name for a brief time due to fears of being associated with communism, a football team named after its owner (and as a name makes no sense to my kid, leading him to ask "What's a Brown?"). The state is home to one of the smarter people I follow on twitter (Craig Calcaterra) as well as high school friend of mine who, not that he'll be at least 35 years old, will be getting my write-in vote for President from now until I can no longer vote. It's also the state Howard the Duck landed in. (You didn't expect a Howard the Duck reference in your life today, did you?)

As I mentioned in the Michigan post, I've been to Ohio only once. It was nice, but I went during late spring. Unfortunately, we were in Toledo and not Cleveland or Cincinnati so I didn't get to go to a baseball game. One of these years, maybe when he's a little older, I want to take my son on a baseball road trip for a week and seeing the two teams in Ohio is high up on my list.

31 states down, 19 to go.

If you'd like to help with our postcard quest, please find me on twitter (@lukermartin) or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment